Thursday, June 21, 2012

Teacher gifts...

This year, thanks to Pick Your Plum, I got these super cute unfinished magnet boards for $4.50 each. I decorated them for Fathers Day and Teacher appreciation gifts at year end. All of the boards came unpainted so I painted them and used scrapbook paper on the metal. I got really pretty magnets in the Christmas Tree Shops.

Here is what the Pick your Plum ad looked like for the magnet boards. Basically they came with an unfinished board with a grove cut into it and sanded edges, and cut metal sheets. I got the larger 8" boards.

 For fathers day I added a little "I love dad" scrap paper and some bright paint:


 For Jacob's teacher I did a cute bug theme with some felt sticker embellishments:


For Joshua's Teacher, who Jacob had two years ago, I used a Sea Horse theme. Joshua told me that she loves Sea Horses. It turned out to be my favorite. I mixed a light blue paint with a light green and added a light glitter coat. It looks like a nice sea color. This one was embellished with paper pop up sea stickers.

 
All of the teachers, teachers assistants, therapy teachers, and before and after school care people got these sweet ice cream cup gift card holders. The gift cards are for Cold Stone Creamery. The decorative cups and cute ice cream trimmings were from Michaels Craft Store.

I printed these tags that I typed up in MS Publisher for both Jacob and Joshua:



How cute are they with the wooden spoon in them!


I had to make 14 in all!


I love the tiny ice cream cone stickers that add a touch of bling!


Both of my sons have learned so much this year, they have been kept safe from harm, they have been nurtured, they are thriving. This is true thanks to the great teachers they both had. Last year Kindergarten was not what I had hoped for Jacob. I am so grateful that this year Mrs. Luciani restored my faith our teachers with her patience and caring.

I feel that a small appreciation gift is the least I can do for these great people who spend so much time with the two most important people in my life. I only wish I could thank them more.

Now that Joshua is finished with Pre-K we are going to miss the fabulous Pre-school that our boys attended. Strawberry ECDC allowed for learning through exploration, tear free instruction methods, out door adventures on their gorgeous 4 acres, great friendships, and the staff genuinely loved my children while I was not there.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Likely Lola