Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Joshua's 5th Birthday

 My baby is turning 5 tomorrow! We had his super duper SpongeBob party on Sunday.


Here he is waiting for the guests to arrive listening to SpongeBob Music that we played on outdoor speakers connected to the Ipod with a 48hr free trial from Spotify!


Here is the eating area with rented kiddie tables and yellow chairs, of course!


I found a similar sign to this on Pinterest I made mine from some foam board that I happened to have left over from school projects...

 

Here is my happy dad in front of the Bikini Bottom sign...


My absolute favorite table decor item was these pineapples with "Home Sweet Pineapple" pinned on to them!


And then there were the activity areas Jellyfish Fields...


The Jellyfish fields cabana housed a kiddie pool filled with Suishy Baff that the kids LOVED. Then I used an old beat up pool that leaked so I just filled with some ball pit balls, a water table (from the younger years) with some added table toys including a bathtub Patrick and SpongeBob squirty toy, and finally a fishing bucket with magnetic fishing poles and fish.


The next cabana was dubbed Bubble Mania...


In this mosquito net covered cabana I used clear balloons blown up to different sizes to mimic bubbles and covered a little kiddy bench with a plastic table cloth and used our three bubble machines. ( I am always on the hunt for a good bubble machine that's) why I have 3. (this was my personal favorite)



Then we had the Krusty Krab...


In the Krusty Krab area we had Squidward's post (the ship), a mini pool filled with green water balloons (plankton), a little cooktop with a wooden Krabby Patty cooking (SpongeBobs post), and a little dining area. The kids were supposed to toss the planktons back to the chum bucket.



The Chum Buckets were all metal buckets the boys got for Easter with clear packing tape over some printed signs "Welcome to the Chum Bucket''...

 

This ridiculously long sprinkler was supposed to be an elephant but it looked alot like Squidward to me. I love that it was 20 feet long!


My pretty niece liked it!


I also set up the kids little pool with a built in slide that had around 10 kids in it at one point!
 

Jacob was really enjoying making more water balloons...


The birthday boy, who happened to be sucking on some of the water toys that were set out in this bucket, and his shadow my little Niece Eden...


My sweet little 5 year old...


We had a great variety of foods unfortunately my husband only got these shots...

Smuckers Peanut Butter & Jelly AKA Jelly Patties

Grilled hot dogs AKA Salty Sea Dogs...

We also had mini Krabby Patties, and SpongeBob Mac and Cheese AKA Yummy Stuff.

Best of all the food was this really great cake from BJs...





I love that the cake was half chocolate & half vanilla!
 

Joshua liked the chocolate part!


The favors were these cute sand toys with the original label removed and replaced with my own hand made label and filled with a few recipe for fun ingredients...

"Thank you for coming to my 5th birthday party. Have some Fun in the sun! Love, Joshua"



Here is a view of the Back. Recipe for Fun: 1. Blow some bubbles 2. Build a sand castle 3. Eat some gummies... I also threw in some sidewalk chalk. The back label has a picture of Joshua in his SpongeBob Halloween costume from the fall.


For the few babies I made these bath toy favors that were squirty sea creatures and some mini boats...





A good time was had by all!


Look how cute he was four years ago on his first birthday!


I can't believe he is 5 and starting Kindergarten in September! He is the sweetest!

 Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Hi Joanne, you did a fabulous job with the Spongebob theme. By the way, where did you get the yellow kiddie chairs - I've been looking for some for quite some time. Thx. Erica (mserical3@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Erica - I rented both the yellow chairs and the 3 kiddie tables for $60 from the local party rental place. If you pick them up and return them yourself it saves a delivery fee and having to store chairs that you will likely only use once or twice. I like to pick a different color for each theme.

      Best,
      Joanne

      Delete

 
Blog Design by Likely Lola