Monday, March 21, 2011

Our 7 Year Anniversary and dinner at the 12 Grapes restaurant....

Brett took some slack for this little note that we sent out to announce our engagement. It was August and pretty hot, he lived in a top floor apartment of an old house, so he had no shirt on, but really the point of it was how excited we were and how cute the little paper ring was that he made me with a heart on it that said marry me? My real ring was not ready at the crazy jewelers.


 We had a wonderful wedding at The Fountainhead in New Rochelle NY on March 21, 2004.


This year to celebrate our 7th anniversary we decided to try out 12 Grapes, one of the local restaurants in Peekskill NY, that we have heard rave reviews on. 

It was almost a washout because when I came home from getting my nails done Joshua did not appear to feel good. After a lengthy thermometer fight I found out that he was running a 100.2 temp. Luckily Brett's dad offered to drop of Brett's mom and then he would go to the movies. Brett's dad can not be exposed to sick kids because he had a kidney transplant last year.

So we finally made our way into Peekskill to Division Street and were pleasantly surprised by the amount of people walking around to the various restaurants. It was pretty hopping! 12 Grapes had a big group of people already dining 6:00 when we got there and as we were seated the restaurant really started to fill up. Later in the evening the 12 Grapes offers live music.


We started out with some nice bread in a really tasty basil infused dipping oil.




There was a really nice selection of wines by the glass, they offer 12 reds and 12 whites, hence the name of the restaurant 12 grapes. 
I chose a nice Italian red.


My handsome date!


I like the fact that Brett is not embarrased to order a martini with the name " French kiss"


We decided to share the mixed field greens salad and it was plenty for both of us. It was really good and pretty too.


The aged cheese and meat appetizer was a selection of four cheeses and charcuterie. It was way too large a portion for the two of us and I did not love the meats. Despite the potent meats I did really enjoy the cheese and pickled vegetables.



My main dish was a rather large portion of chicken with a truffle sauce over spinach and sweet potato slices. It had an earthy taste, I really liked how they cooked the sweet potatoes. I don't like to waste food but I did not finish this portion to save room for dessert.


Brett choose the steak with a blue cheese sauce and side of nicely cooked asparagus and crispy potato wedges. Once again the portion was quite large but the food was very good.  These items were restaurant week specials but similar dishes can be found on their dinner menu.


I wrapped up the big night out with this really yummy decaf cappuccino that brought back memories of Fuji lunches at a place we called the "white house" which is really called Il Sorriso in Irvington. They even served it with the rock sugar that makes it the best!


And the piece de resistance was this really delicious molten lava cake that we shared. It was really terrific!
 
Going out to dinner in Peekskill was a really nice night out, the little city has some big potential! It's nice to know that there are some really nice places to go out right in our backyard. For our next date night Brett and I want to try the Birdsall House where they have a big reputation for their large selection of beers. A friend just mentioned to me that they have a killer beet burger that I am curious to try out.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Likely Lola